Benjamin Schock is a skilled, experienced elder law attorney who successfully assists seniors in passing their hard earned assets on to their loved ones while allowing them to receive additional benefits that help them offset the cost of long term care. His practice areas include: Medicaid planning, Nursing home planning, estate planning, special needs planning, probate, veterans benefits and trust or estate administration. Prior to co-founding Schock Solaiman Ramdayal, PLLC, in 2013, he worked as an associate attorney at another local firm in Macomb County for 8 years.
He is an experienced trial attorney who has practiced before most judges throughout the Metro Detroit area. While most of his experience has been before the probate court, he also is an accomplished criminal defense attorney providing individuals with legal assistance when they were in the wrong place at the wrong time and end up being on the wrong side of the law.
Benjamin Schock attended high school locally at Macomb L’Anse Creuse – North. He earned his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science – Pre Law from Michigan State University. Benjamin earned his Juris Doctor from Michigan State University College of Law. Mr. Schock concentrated his law studies in Taxation and was Managing Editor of Events for consecutive years for the Business and Securities Law Journal. Further, he elected to participate in Michigan State College of Law Tax Clinic where he represented low-income taxpayers with issues regarding current tax problems, back taxes, innocent spouse claims and IRS Liens. He also volunteered at ASMSU legal services where he helped Michigan State University students defend themselves against criminal charges.
Benjamin Schock has real world experience prior to becoming an attorney. Ben was employed by General Motors Acceptance Corporation as a credit administrator. Ben also served as a licensed financial advisor for Morgan Stanley Dean Witter. With Ben’s extensive knowledge as an Elder Law attorney with a background in financial planning he has helped hundreds of families in planning for their future, assisted them in preserving their wealth, provided them with options to pass assets to their loved ones all while helping them receive additional financial and medical benefits.
On a more personal level, Ben and his wife, Julie, reside in Macomb Township and have two children, Benjamin and Clayton. They enjoy spending time together as a family, maintaining their yard/home and attending football games at their alma mater (Go State).
Practice Areas for Benjamin Schock:
- Elder Law
- Medicaid/Nursing Home Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Estate Planning
- Wills and Trusts
- Trust and Estate Administration
- Power of Attorney
- Designation of Patient Advocate
- Guardianship – individuals with developmental disabilities
- Decedent Estates
- Mental Illness
- Probate Litigation
- Veterans Benefits
- Criminal Defense
- Violation of Probation
- License Restoration
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., 2006
- Michigan State University, B.A. Political Science Pre-Law 1999
Admitted to Practice:
- Michigan 2006
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims 2013
- State Bar of Michigan
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Macomb County Probate Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan, Elder Law Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Probate Bar Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Disability Section
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon, National Fraternity
- Sigma Alpha, Epsilon, Detroit Alumni Association
- Michigan State University Alumni Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
Awards and Certifications:
- Department of Veteran Affairs
- One of Michigan Top Lawyers in the year 2015 in the field of Elder Law as voted by his peers
- 2016 Michigan Rising Star (as voted by his peers in the field of Elder Law)